Available to buy now from:
Read the Electric reviews.
Read the Electric reviews.
- Wed 20 Feb - CARDIFF, St David's Hall (029 2087 8444)
- Thu 21 Feb - BIRMINGHAM, Symphony Hall (0121 345 0600)
- Fri 22 Feb - BRIGHTON, Dome (01273 709 709)
- Sat 23 Feb - BRISTOL, Colston Hall (0117 922 3686)
- Sun 24 Feb - CAMBRIDGE, Corn Exchange (01223 357851)
- Mon 25 Feb - LONDON, O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire (0844 477 2000)
- Tue 26 Feb - LONDON, Barbican (0845 120 7511)
- Thu 28 Feb - EDINBURGH, Usher Hall (0131 228 1155)
- Fri 01 Mar - LIVERPOOL, Philharmonic Hall (0151 709 3789)
- Sat 02 Mar - SHEFFIELD, City Hall (0114 2 789 789)
- Sun 03 Mar - GATESHEAD, The Sage Gateshead (0191 245 5570)
- Mon 04 Mar - LEEDS, Irish Centre (0113 245 5570)
- Wed 06 Mar - NOTTINGHAM, Royal Concert Hall (0115 989 5555)
- Thu 07 Mar - BEXHILL, De La Warr Pavilion (01424 229 111)
- Fri 08 Mar - BASINGSTOKE, Anvil (01256 844244)
- Sat 09 Mar - ST ALBANS, St Albans Arena (01727 844488)
- Sun 10 Mar - SALFORD, The Lowry (0843 208 6000)
Named one of Rolling Stone Magazine’s 100 Greatest Guitarists and considered one of the UK’s most outstanding songwriters, musician Richard Thompson returns with a brand new, guitar driven record titled Electric for Proper Records on Monday February 11th before taking to the road for a major UK tour on Wednesday February 20th. Full tour details below.
After taking the bold step of recording his last album of new songs live, when it came to recording ELECTRIC, Thompson turned to Buddy Miller (Robert Plant, Solomon Burke, Emmylou Harris. Patty Griffin) to produce, recording at Miller’s home studio in Nashville, TN. . Miller who himself is a renowned for his guitar skills recently told with Rolling Stone, "I played along on the record, playing rhythm guitar for him, and I got a two-week guitar lesson while he camped out in my house." The record was recorded as an electric trio with Thompson, drummer Michael Jerome and bassist Taras Prodaniuk, who both sing background vocals. Jerome and Prodaniuk formed part of the band which recorded and toured the UK Top Twenty album DREAM ATTIC, released in August 2010. They make up the trio, with Thompson, on his forthcoming UK dates, his first extensive tour in two years.
Guests on ELECTRIC include the legendary Alison Krauss who joins Thompson on “The Snow Goose”, while English singer-songwriter Siobhan Maher Kennedy (formerly with River City People and now resident in Nashville) adds vocals on several tracks as well. Fiddle great Stuart Duncan also plays on the record; one of America’s leading bluegrass musicians he played on recent albums by Robert Plant/Alison Krauss and Elvis Costello and will be familiar in the UK from BBC4’s Transatlantic Sessions.
ELECTRIC will be released as a Standard CD, Deluxe two–disc set and on 180 gram vinyl
1. Stony Ground
2. Salford Sunday
3. Sally B
4. Stuck on the Treadmill
5. My Enemy
6. Good Things Happen To Bad People
7. Where's Home?
8. Another Small Thing In her Favour
9. Straight and Narrow
10. The Snow Goose
11. Saving The Good Stuff For You
DISC 2 - DELUXE VERSION ONLY|
1. Will You Dance, Charlie Boy
2. I Found A Stray
3. The Rival
4. The Tic-Tac Man
5. Auldie Riggs
6. Auldie Riggs Dance
7. So Ben Mi Ch'a Bon Tempo