Tom Russell will release his brand-new studio album, "Folk Hotel" on September 8th. The physical version showcases 13 new Russell originals plus, as one of two bonus tracks, Bob Dylan's "Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues," a duet with Joe Ely, featuring Joel Guzman on Tex-Mex accordion. Augie Meyers and Eliza Gilkyson also make guest appearances on the album, which was recorded at Congress House studio in Austin, Texas.
A signature Tom Russell collection, the wide-ranging subject matter on "Folk Hotel" includes songs and stories about New York’s Chelsea Hotel, a journey up the road from El Paso to Santa Fe, a cowboy song about Ian Tyson refusing to "leave his old horses", a song for Dylan Thomas - melting into a James Joycean landscape about day in the life of Belfast, a song about Tom meeting J.F.K., another song using only 16th century slang and more....
1. Up In The Old Hotel
2. Leaving El Paso
3. I'll Never Leave These Old Horses
4. The Sparrow of Swansea (For Dylan Thomas)
5. All On A Belfast Morning
6. Rise Again, Handsome Johnny
7. Harlan Clancy
8. The Last Time I Saw Hank
9. The Light Beyond The Coyote Fence
10. The Dram House Down In Gutter Lane
11. The Day They Dredged The Liffey - The Banks Of Montauk - The Road To Santa Fe-O
12. The Rooftops Of Copenhagen
Bonus Tracks – physical version only:
13. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
14. Scars On His Ankles
Upcoming Tour Dates
No shows booked at the moment.