Richard Thompson’s new album Still has been receiving unanimous praise from reviewers both online and in print. The Independent have described it as “A brilliant, nigh-on faultless work” in their 5 star review, whilst the Sunday Express have called it “a shimmering gem of a record”.
You can read a selection of the reviews below.
– “Still maintains the standards set by recent records with another great set of songs to add to his extraordinary catalogue. Folk Radio
– “Richard Thompson has proved once again that he is one of the most talented songwriters and guitarists of the last half century. Still.” God Is In The TV ✫✫✫✫1/2
– “Bold, proud and with an air of integrity and sophistication missing on so many late-career albums, this kind of LP is a rare beast indeed.” Culture Fly ✫✫✫✫✫
– “It’s got all of his (Thompson’s) hallmarks flowing throughout – wonderful guitar playing, some fantastically pithy lyrics – and is clear proof that there’s plenty of spark remaining.” Drowned In Sound (7/10)
– “Old folk-rocker still going strong… He is a master of the art, with very few equals in both technique and musicality.” The Arts Desk ✫✫✫✫
– “Richard Thompson has a long history of classic albums, and it surely can’t be long before Still is considered among the very best of them.” Bright Young Folk
Still is available now from
Propermusic.com, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play and all good record stores. You can also stream the album on Spotify, rDio and Deezer